Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Reading, Voting and One Hand Free

well, I like to read books & magazines while I nurse and since its now easiest to nurse in the play area, I have to make sure to take my books out of the area when I leave... Jessa decided to "read" my book... I guess this is what she thought of the "teaching babies how to sleep".

We went to vote via absentee on Sunday so that we wouldn't miss out, I couldn't imagine having to stand in line on election day with the babies ... so this sounded like a better option! I tried to get a picture Jerry voting with Davis in his carrier under the booth, but evidently that's a "no no"... ah well, we got a picture afterwards!

Ok... another step in our swaddling saga... I started to think that maybe we were just enabling the babies to only be able to sleep when swaddled... so I'm following a friend's protocol and trying to get to not swaddling during daytime naps. We're starting with one-handed swaddling today. It seems that they wanted to hold something, so this afternoon I gave them extra pacifiers to hold! We'll see how long it takes to get them unswaddled and still get sleep. Its fine that they aren't quite sleeping as long as they were (2-3+ hour naps both morning & afternoon plus others!) because evidently I was "drugging" them with sleep and I think that's why they were waking up in the middle of the night. Jessa's been good the past week and slept all the way through, hopefully Davis will come along too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Davis holding the pacifier in mid air is hilarious. He kinda already had the "Austin Powers" thing going, so now this is just how Austin would hold a pacifier if Austin were to hold a pacifier.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Jessa will be able to read herself and Davis to sleep, mommy doesn't need any help.