We're 4 months old... Here's a picture I took at home in the outfits that we got their 4 month portraits done in... They were so cute that day I just couldn't wait until JCPenney's sent me the digital images... I had to post it sooner!We went for their pediatrician's well visit and they are growing by leaps & bounds!!
Davis is 14 pounds 9 ounces - up 1 pound 6 ounces from last month. Jessa is 14 pounds even - up one pound 6 ounces too from last month!
I wonder if she'll catch back up to Davis... there was a time that Jessa kept throwing up because she was over feeding or something... so hopefully I didn't starve her when I "cut her off" of the breastfeeding around 10 minutes... Thankfully she has outgrown that and doesn't throw up like that anymore! She now is given all the opportunity to feed and tends to get what she wants in 10 minutes, sometimes less. I am still (why?!) weighing the babies before and after feedings and sometimes they feed 3 ounces and sometimes 8 or more ounces! Its crazy, but lately they have both been taking about 30 ounces a day!! Wow!! I'm producing about 64 ounces, or half a gallon of milk a day!
I went to a LeLeche meeting this morning... and, of course, they were talking about how great breastmilk was, and someone said that they read a story? or knew of someone who's husband had cancer and the woman was breastfeeding their baby at that same time... the husband's doctor said to pump extra milk to give her husband because of all the wonderful nutrients... well, anyway, the gist of the story is that he went into remission... maybe because of the nutrient filled milk he was getting... It was a fun story and I had to share! Hopefully I won't need to supplement anyone else's diet anytime soon... feeding two is quite enough!


No comments:
Post a Comment