well... whatever it takes, right? Jessa keeps holding out when being babysat and having bottles shoved in her mouth... she holds out for the real thing... tonight was no exception. I fed them before 5pm and then Davis took a couple of bottles by the time I came back to pick them up at 10pm. Jessa - none. She evidently fussed a bit and slept a bit. My mom said that she had the saddest little face and pouted but then still managed to smile. Poor little girl! Anyway, she was sleeping when I came at 10pm and so we loaded up both babes and came home. Davis was ready for his final feeding and he nursed about 4 ounces and then went off to bed. I let Jessa sleep a bit longer in the car seat so that I could try the bottle on her instead of rewarding her with the booby prize! So by the time I finally got to feeding her she was still sound asleep. That's when I remembered about the "dream feed"... feeding the babies while they are sleeping. Sure enough it worked like a charm! She took the whole 4 ounces of the bottle in no time flat! Usually both babies take quite a long time to feed off of the "slow flow" nipples of the bottles... she fed in about 15 minutes, which is great timing.
Anyway, note to babysitters... offer the bottle even if they fuss, then once they fall asleep trick them and feed them in their sleep!
Of course I still would like her to take a bottle without fussing, but this is good to know that she'll dream feed it if worse comes to worse!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment