Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Carseat safety

Well, we finally got our carseats checked out by the Orange County department of Children's Safety Village. You can find info here for this location:

http://ocso.com/Community/ChildrensSafetyVillageSafeKids/CarSeatChildPassengerSafetyProgram/tabid/249/Default.aspx

There's also a worldwide website for www.SafeKids.org that helps to find a location near you.

They were so helpful and gave us pretty much a clear for how our carseat bases etc. were strapped in etc. During the summer we had to make an appointment to see them and it was pretty painless, though the whole check took 40+ minutes. I'd moved Jessa's straps for her carseat up a few weeks ago when I had the whole thing apart to wash it. I could see that on the lowest setting it was too low and could be moved up. I don't know if I looked at Davis in his seat or not, but I ended up moving his to the middle set also. Well, we think that Jessa's torso is longer and could handle the straps being moved up. But we moved the straps back down to the lowest setting for Davis so that the straps weren't so high above his shoulders.

I'm glad I went to have the carseats and them checked out in their carseats, that was very useful to actually have the babies there, otherwise we wouldn't have known that Davis's needed to be moved down.

Again, I highly recommend getting this done, they were so nice and explained everything. Even when I mentioned that I washed the cover, the lady made a point to say that I needed to follow the instructions for washing & drying, because of its fire restistant coating on the covers. I hadn't thought about or realized that they were coated. I'm pretty sure that I dried hers in the dryer on the low setting, but I think I'll air dry like they recommend from now on...

No comments: