Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Mommy's report on us turning three...

Well, they are getting so big it seems and now they basically fit in 3T clothes for the most part, Jessa is 27 pounds and 37 inches tall and Davis 29 pounds and 37 1/4" tall. Though they're still really skinny so I make sure to get the "adjustable waist" bottoms so that they'll actually stay up!

I cannot believe that a year ago I was a little worried that they didn't even put two words together... well, they said "thank you" but, no other real two word phrases. And now this year, they have whole conversations with each other! It's so darn cute!!

We had their 3 yr well visit this week, and the doctor was so nice, and he was so complimentary of them! I love how he asked them most of the questions... "do you sleep in your bed all night?" (I think he was trying to see if they slept there or in with us... haha!), and telling them to give him a high five for wearing underwear! He asked Jessa if she dressed herself and then asked what she did with her clothes when she took them off... to my surprise she said "put them in the washer"! haha (she does sometimes, but not unless we're actually doing a load of wash)! I thought for sure she'd say throw them on the floor! ahhhhh... one day we'll get them to be a bit neater...

He gave them a perfect bill of health, so that was fun.

They love the balance bikes we got them for Christmas, and though Davis started out slow even saying "Dayday go slow, Jessa go fast"!! he's caught up to Jessa and both will run with them (no peddles to propel them, you use your feet) and then coast and glide while lifting up their feet and balancing! I love seeing them! I'm going to have to start riding my bike with them to keep up soon! They are great on the streets in our neighborhood and will go to the side when they see a car, or we say there is a car coming. I'm showing them about stopping when they see the Stop signs too, so that's fun to see their little minds learning with everything.

We've been doing swimming lessons for a little while now, and Jessa is really a pro! She can swim on her front 15+ feet and then catch a breath/flip to her back and then continue to swim. She's hysterical when she learns something new that's all she wants to do. It took her a while to figure out the floating part, but this week she realized she likes to do it! She is definitely my fearless one! Davis is greatly improved too, and just this week he really seems to be making progress too, but he doesn't propel himself in the water yet... We're continuing lessons, and I can't wait to see how he does this coming month!

We are really enjoying the explosion of language and them asking each other questions and having little conversations. I'm also really loving hearing them sing all the songs that I've been singing to them the past few years, so cute to hear "Jesus loves me", and this morning it was "with Bear Bear in the family happy happy home"... of course that song is supposed to be "with Jesus in the family"... but we switch names out all the time.

We celebrated a couple of weeks ago with family and will have small cakes again for them tomorrow and then a birthday party in a couple of weeks with their friends, so they are really getting the royal treatment with a month of celebrations this year.

No comments: