Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

37 weeks!

I finished my 37th week today! Yahoo!!

Here's an excerpt from one of the websites that sends me updates about pregnancies in general:
Hello, Shelley!Congratulations! Your baby is full-term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away. He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.

I'm so excited to have made it to this point, though I don't think our babies are quite that big yet but not too far behind! I've got Bunco (girls night) to go to tomorrow and then another fun girls meeting this weekend, so of course, I hope to make it at least another week... only time will tell! I went in for another of my weekly non stress tests where they strap on a monitor for uterine contractions and then one for each baby's heartbeat. We all had flying colors, the babies heart rates were good and I had no contractions. I'll hear more tomorrow at my OB visit and then a scan next Wed. if I make it that far!

No comments: