We've been engrossed in birth classes and have our 4th and last of the "main" lamaze class tomorrow night. Its been pretty enlightening for us "accounting" folk... neither of us has a clue about real medical issues! But we still have 4 more classes... oh my! Breastfeeding, Baby Care, Anesthesia and the most important Happiest Baby on the Block class! Hopefully the classes will give us even more insight into the new adventure that we're embarking on!!
Since we're having twins, they say that the c-section rate is about 50% (single births are lower than 20% c-section rate)... so they recommend (and maybe mandate) that I have an epidural... so that if at the last minute we need to have a c-section I'll be ready to go... Also it seems that I could have the first baby and then the 2nd one might turn into a position that will require a c-section... so then I'd be recovering in two areas... hmmm... lots to think about and monitor. Hopefully it becomes clearer the closer I get as to if I have to schedule a c-section or not...
I have to laugh... just as our cats are actually getting friendlier (to us) we're gonna have babies that cry and make loads of noises and eventually will pull tails!! Since its been a little chilly at night we've had some good snugglers on our bed and then they've even been a lot more social in the evenings and come over to check us out and lay on the couch with us... we've been trying to let them know and hint that we have TWO babies on the way... but I just don't think that they understand... ah well... they'll figure it out soon enough!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ahhh, epidural....my best friend!
Post a Comment