Wow, how did a whole month slip by again?!!
The babies were terrible sleepers for most of their 16th month... but then I realized that they got in their top eye teeth. And (of course) not at the same time... so pretty much all month one baby would wake up in the night. thankfully they are back to sleeping from 7 or 8pm until 7 or 8am. Its really great. Some days they get two 2-hr naps and some days they get one 3-hr nap. It just kind of just depends on the activities we have for the day.
They are starting to say words!! Wow! Finally!
Jessa: Bubbles, Ball, Boooof (for woof), Dada (she whispers this! so cute for Daddy)
Davis: Mama, Nana (for banana), Dada
They understand EVERYTHING! They will follow instructions on giving us a cup or whatever, and coming (most of the time!) and just being plain cute.
We've done quite a few signs with sign language, and they communicate wonderfully with that! Though I will say that Davis will sign back more.
Jessa does: Dog, Eat, More, Please, Daddy, Banana
Davis does: Dog, Cat, Duck/Bird, Eat, Water (so cute! its supposed to be 3 fingers "w" at your chin... and he does just 1 and it kind of looks like he's saying shush!), More, Please, Daddy, Banana.
I'm sure they do more too... but that's all I can think of. Its very cute to see them sign and really communicate. And its even cuter that they don't quite do the sign the correct way, but they do it consistently, so I know that's what they are trying to say.
In the tub, they have 3 or 4 rubber ducks, and they really like to play with those, I need to find the pictures of them "putting their ducks in a row"... on the tub ledge, very cute.
They are also getting to be little eaters. I usually "load" the spoon w/the oatmeal concoction in the morning and since its pretty thick it sticks to the spoon really well and they can feed themselves. Davis is better with his left hand but Jessa seems to eat from either hand. I try to switch it up to get them a choice... and see what they choose... of course I'm rooting for at least one left handed offspring to follow me & my mom!
I'll post pictures soon, I just had a few minutes free and thought I'd jot down some info before it goes out the brain window!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment