Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

9 months old! Solid foods going great!

The babies are now 9 month old! My how they've grown! Our daily routine includes 4 breastfeeds a day, and 3 solid meals. They are up to about 4 ounces each of solids at each meal. Sometimes they eat more sometimes less. (Jessa left, Davis below... now the messy part starts when THEY want to help... I suppose that is what will make my job easier in the end, if they feed themselves...)









I've been following some of what The Super Baby Food book suggests with grains and veges. To start with we've just been trying to get more variety as it takes trying one food at a time for 4 days to make sure there aren't any allergic reactions...

The morning meal is millet based for now, hopefully I'll get barley in soon. The millet is really easy to make and I make enough for 3-4 days at a time. I add in a cube of avocado, a hard cooked egg yolk (I get to eat the egg white - as that's supposed to be the possible allergic part... and we're waiting to introduce egg whites until later) and a vegetable for breakfast. For Lunch we do yogurt with a vegetable and then for dinner we mix it up, tonight they got peas & yogurt and then bananas and millet. I figured they might like to taste the different tastes sometimes instead of mixing it all up into one meal.
All in all its been good, the babies have been eating solids for a little over a month now, and are doing great! Though a couple of days ago I added a few chunks in and Davis acted like he was gagging, I ended up scraping some carrot chunks off his tongue and he was better... so I guess we'll stick with purees for a bit longer!

3 comments:

Vohwinkel Photography said...

That's a cute pictures of Davis showing the spoon!

shelleyjerry said...

thanks! Its kinda hard to feed the babies, and have the camera in hand and "try" to get a fun creative shot... sometimes the camera auto focuses on the spoon (which is what I wanted) and sometimes on Davis... He doesn't try to grab the spoon until he's about done with eating, I think he's just trying to play and not help.

Anonymous said...

Making the pictures bigger is kinda gross, that baby food doesnt look all that appealing at all. I did try a little bit of the pureed peas and yogurt last night, it wasnt too bad... Doesnt seem as bad either when you are the one feeding it to them, but these picture yummy....