Well, we went today for the twins 9 month doctor visit, a few days late (from the 30th), but its as soon as we could get in to see both the doctor and the nurse we wanted! The visit was a good one. I've noticed that the last few times I've weighed the babies that Jessa has been a little heavier sometimes... and sure enough at the doctor's office she weighed 17 pounds 7 ounces, and Davis was 17 pounds 4 ounces... though in Davis's defense he did just pee in his old diaper when we opened it up to take it off to weigh him... so maybe he lost those 3 ounces?.... and sure enough when I just changed diapers here at home 2 hrs later, his was very light, and Jessa's was heavier... ah well, all's fair and this month Jessa wins the heavy weight award!
Jessa also topped the height at a full 28 inches, and Davis at 27 7/8 inches... the nurse just wouldn't give him that extra 1/8th of an inch!! They are both doing well, and even though Davis is falling a bit in his weight, the doctor isn't worried. We all think its because he is burning all of his calories ALL the time! Oh my, he's just exhausting!! In fact, this afternoon, I put them down for a nap at 4:45p, I went in at 5:20p to take my own nap, thinking I'd get at least 45 min in. well, by 5:38p Davis was fussing. So I got him up and we came out to the play area and I laid down and gave him a chance to nurse.... he took the opportunity for about 4 minutes and was done. Then because I was tired, I tried to shut my eyes while he played... oh my, it was a full contact sport for him... he kept climbing over and up on me. Then he started pulling my hair, so I just put the pillow over my head, well, then he would try to climb up on top of the pillow. I must have dosed a bit, because when I finally took the pillow away, it was dark! And when I finally dragged myself up to find the time, it was 6:55p!! Well, he's still going a mile a minute burning all the calories he's eaten. Meanwhile Jessa is still sleeping... over a 2 1/2 hour nap and counting! That's MY girl! I love naps!
More 9 month stats: Jessa has 4 top teeth and 2 bottoms; Davis's 4th top tooth just broke the gums the other day and he's got the same 2 bottom teeth. They are eating well still and the doctor said no eggs until a year, I said I'd heard that egg yolks were ok... (hoping I hadn't done something horrible)... and sure enough she ok'd them. Confirmed that they are full of great nutrition, phew!
I hear Jessa making little noises in the monitor, so I guess I better go get her and entertain them for a little while - not sure if I want to do bathtime by myself or not... or wait until Jerry gets home.... we'll see.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow, shelley, you kids must be great sleepers! Such late naps & they still go to bed early! You are so lucky! :)
well... Davis went to bed right after bath and more milk... but... Jessa's here on the couch with us "reading" the paper! hmmm... guess I'll learn one day to cut those early evening naps!
Post a Comment