Well, since it seems that I end up only having a bit of time once a month to update our blog... I'll do it now! Preschool at the Montessori school is going great! They've been going five weeks now, and only a twice was Jessa a bit fussy to have me drop them off, otherwise, they've always gone in happy and ready for a new day! They are really learning to be more independent, and even have learned to put any of their "work" to bring home in the folder themselves. We get envelopes of cuttings, some drawings, finger painting and some push pinning! I can't wait until they 'get' the pushpinning, it's such a neat learning tool for them. They take a push pin and push holes in the outline of the shape on the construction paper. At the end, if they've pushed around the whole shape they can push out the shape. For now, their push pins are pretty much all over the place... but it's still pretty cute to see that they are getting better.
Our daily routine is going great, for breakfast, I tried some "easier" meals, like cold cereal and almond milk, or muffins, but truly they actually like the cooked cereals and oatmeal, so I'm going back to cooking that in the morning. We're usually up at 7am and quickly get dressed, brush teeth and hair! We get them to pick out their clothes including underwear, socks and shoes and put them in their little basket. It really saves a lot of hassle in the morning, and usually they don't change their minds!
Naps... well, unless they fall asleep in the car somewhere, we are not giving them an opportunity for naps, and they are going to bed nicely between 7:30p and 8:15p, so that is really nice. Mind you there are many nices when they fall asleep at 4p on the way home from somewhere, or at 6p and pretty much if they fall asleep at 6p they are out for the evening!
Swimming update, oh my goodness! We started in the pool six months ago, and they were both pretty much scared and couldn't swim. Now they are swimming all over the place, and even diving down in the five foot section for sinking toys. Jessa really excelled quicker than Davis, but they are both doing great! We're really proud of the swimming results, and we still end up getting to the YMCA pool several times a week.
Davis finally hits 30 pounds this month! And Jessa is back around 29 pounds. They are really growing taller too, Davis is up a couple of inches from three years to 38 1/2 inches at three years five months. I'll have to update this post when I get Jessa to stand still and get measured... it's all on HER timeline when she decides to cooperate! :-)
I'm sure everyone's just dying to know about breastfeeding! :-) anyway, the first two weeks of preschool they really wanted to nurse a lot more, like two or three times a day! Kinda funny. Now it has slowed down. Recently Davis went a week without nursing and Jessa 10 days... so I'm pretty sure we're *finally* drawing to an end... I'm glad that I haven't pressed it, trying to make them stop, because I think that would have just created power struggles! We have enough power struggles... so until then, I just tell them that "we won't be doing this forever, and that they are big boys and girls"... Jessa even repeated that to me one day - that she didn't need 'boobie milk' anymore! haha! Well, we've had a great time, and have been so blessed to have not had any nursing struggles and to be able to just enjoy giving them nurishment as God intended! Initially my only goal was to make it to a year so that I could avoid formula, then as we neared two years, Jerry said I should definitely try to make it to 24 months... Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that we'd still be nursing at this age, but it's a very sweet time and I wouldn't change it for anything! We are just very blessed!
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment