Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bedtime buddies

Well, I had to just post this picture because it is the cutest bedtime picture!! The kids are in their "toddler" beds that are converted from their cribs these days. At first the transition was a hard one, they would just play in the room and climb up on everything, anything to not have to sleep. A month or so ago we took the bookshelves and changing table out of their room and it helped a lot. I also turned the lock around so that if needed I could just lock them in their room! Voila!

Now we don't need to lock them in, but we're also not letting them nap during the day anymore, so they are pretty tired when bedtime comes around! Anyway, the night that I took this picture, I'd told the kids that if they wanted to get in each other's bed that was fine, but that if the other person didn't want them there, then they had to go back to their own bed. Davis was the first to say "Jessa come over in my bed"! Cute!! Then later Jessa called Davis to her bed. In the end the got in their own beds to sleep, so much less distracting!




No comments: