Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

yep...








Well, I specifically came on to our blog today to see if my "ticker" of how long we've been breastfeeding is still working since the twins passed three years old... sure enough, it rolled over to YET another year! (today is 3 years, 1 month 3 weeks, 6 days) haha!! **I've looked for a more appropriate age of the children nursing, but alas, they don't have a twin toddlers available, so we'll stick with the twin infants pictured!**


ahhhhh, yep, they still try to get in two to three feeds a day...though truthfully, who knows how much they are really getting, I don't ever "feel full" anymore but I know they get something. I set the timer for 10 minutes and if they goof off most of the time, well, they don't get their full time.


Still, most of the time it is a very sweet time for all of us, yet at the same time, I am hoping the time to finish is coming soon... we'll see. I kind of would like for them to decide on their own that they don't need it anymore (toddler led weaning)... so time will tell on that one. Most of the time Davis isn't as tied to it as Jessa, and he'll sit there and read a book while Jessa nurses. And if they are distracted in the mornings they don't miss not getting it.


What a blessing that God provides this awesome nutrition. Both as their only food in the beginning and now an emotional nutrition, maybe they even get some good antibodies for staying well? I have to laugh, last fall I thought, "well it would be nice to make it through another cold season" for the antibodies to keep us well... and here we are... at the end of another cold season... hmmm... not sure we're up for another cold season...

No comments: