Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Super feedings! and almost crawling.

Well, every day the babies get stronger and more coordinated toward crawling. Davis has started getting his belly up off the ground and rocking back & forth... must be testing his hands & knees for crawling.
Here we are with an extra "top off" bottle before bedtime. They are getting really good at taking the bottles. Xena is guarding us in the "play area".

I don't know how other MoMs (mothers of multiples) do bottle feeding without this handy dandy pillow... its my dual breast-feeding pillow and its perfect to feed them their bottles too.


They are SUCH sweet babies! I started out by feeding Jessa and then Davis saw the bottle and got soooo fussy fussy that instead of making Davis wait until Jessa was done and I could give him the frozen bottle that was warming up I yelled to Daddy to get another bottle to split Jessa's bottle into two so that we could feed them at the same time! Then during the "intermission" while we filled both bottles up with another 2+ ounces each they ramped up their fussies again!
I've been having to feed them a little extra of my frozen pumped milk b/c they are still hungry towards the end of the day, and my supply isn't what it was... might be because I was a little sick last week... so I'm trying to pump after most feeds to make sure that we keep up the whole 'supply & demand' thing... it seems to be working so hopefully we'll get it back up. In the Super Baby Food book that my friend recommended it still says that even when we start solid feeding that the breastmilk is still the main event still... so I gotta keep my supply up.

No comments: