Jessa was pretty excited about the prospect of being allowed to EAT something!! She had a couple of spoonfuls and then was done with it...And Davis just starting...
Davis got the 2nd shot at eating, and he wasn't quite sure about it at first... but then I actually just stuck some of the mashed avocado on my finger and he sucked it right off. He ended up eating a fair amount.
All in all it wasn't too bad of an experience... though - oh my - it takes way more time than breastfeeding. Ah well, I guess they've got teeth, so we might as well start using them, right?
First food choices from what I've read in the Super Baby Food book were, cereal, avocado, sweet potato and bananas... I figured it would be "fun" to start with avocados since they are really nutritious and we love guacamole so maybe we'll figure out how to make baby guacamole! We're hoping for sweet potatoes for Christmas!


3 comments:
Great shots, Shelley! The great Adventure has begun! You're right it definitely takes longer then Breast-feeding!!!!!
Aww. They are getting soo big!!! I know it takes longer then breastfeeding but once you have done it for about a week it won't seem as long. Merry Christmas !!!
today was day 3... and it went pretty well. I think Jessa actually got more into her mouth than before! Though she's still funny, acts like she wants it then just smiles with her mouth shut!
Post a Comment