Did I mention that I'm "evidently" AMA?? When I called up to schedule my 12 wk scan with the perinatologist after seeing my OB and being told I needed to get this 12 wks scan... the receptionist at the peri's office asked why, when I was 8 wks pregnant was I calling for an appt??
Oh brother, she said that they needed to have a referral, and I got my OB to fax that over, then I called again, and she again asked why I was coming... well, I was still in "stealth-mode" at work, so I whispered, I'm having twins... then she finally looked at my paperwork and said, "OH, you're AMA"... I asked what that was... well, its Advanced Maternal Age. Ok, go ahead and just stamp that across my forehead now! Oh brother!! Yes, I'm "old", but really, do we need a lablel? I'm 38 and will be 39 by the time I deliver... but that's ok, if that's what's going to get me monthly scans of my babies, that YEAH! There's an advantage to being "AMA"!
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment