Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

potty posts (again!)

Well, the kids are doing well with potty training! Jessa got to go with Daddy and Grandpa today when they went boating!! I figured she'd be better to go because she's a bit better at the potty than Davis and sure enough she was great. She went in the little portable potty 2 times, no accidents and she waited to do her #2 business back at home! Way to go Jessa!!

Davis and Mommy had a fun morning together, doing play-doh, painting and playing with the wooden trains. He wasn't too happy when Daddy & Jessa left, though... and kept mentioning "Daddy's car"... so I told him that Jessa got to go with Daddy because she poops in the potty! so... mid morning he went in and pooped on the potty! WOOHOO!!!! I told him that when Daddy got home he'd get to go for a ride in Daddy's car - since that seemed to be a big thing to him! Of course by the time nap time came he had a small accident in his pants... but still when Daddy got home we loaded him up and made a trip to Costco!

I can only hope that he keeps up the good work. Three days ago on Thursday morning he went all by himself on the big toilet too, unprompted! So I do think the end might be in sight for that. We can only hope so! Dirty underwear is very 'wearing'! :-)

For the most part they are more than 50% dry in the mornings and for naps... I think it more depends on how long its been since they pottied before laying down... hopefully we can fine tune it to be 100% soon! Not having to change diapers 4-6 times a day times 2 kids is so nice!

No comments: