Wow, how did it get to be January?!!
well, over Christmas time the babies transitioned to one nap a day... they got a cold and Davis ended up with Croup (scared us so bad we called 911 and ended up going to the emergency department that night). there were many wakeful nights and I started to realize that they needed to transition to just one nap instead of the two 2-hr naps they were taking. so here's a typical day:
7:30-7:45a wake up - or get woken up by Daddy if they aren't up yet.
8:30a breakfast - I make fresh oatmeal every day (for them and us) and then add to it a mix of millet, lentils & barley and then a few spoonfuls of yogurt. (I dropped adding in veggies to the cooked cereal as I think they were getting too many veggies)
10:00a snack - then play time
11:45a lunch tends to be pasta w/cheese, veggies, bread.
12:30p new diapers and nursing then nap
1:00p - 4:00p they typically nap about 3 hours
4:00 p up and play for a bit, maybe a small snack
5:30p dinner
6:00p play
6:45p bathtime
7:15p new night time diapers, nursing
7:45p brush teeth, get ito sleep sacks and ito cribs wpacifiers and snuggly blankies.
Its taken some getting used to the new one nap a day schedule, and its finally works out great for us to go meet up with play groups in the morning. usually we get home just in time to get lunch and take our nap.
I keep thinking of potty training... but haven't delved into it... now we're planning a summer vacation in early July and am not sure if we want to have to deal with newly potty trained babies or not... diapers seem easier in some regards... but in another way, I wonder what it would be like to stick them in diapers for some days on vacation? who knows, I sure don't want to do anything that would make it all backfire!
the babies are so cute these days, playing with everything, and laughing and just being silly! Davis is much more verbally expressive and has a few more words. "Cacka" or cracker is a new favorite!!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment