We finally got in to get our 18 mo. well visit and YAY both babies have gained good weight! Davis up to 10th and Jessa up to 5th percentile and both are starting to talk more and more. The doctor was happy with both their weight gains and their activity level. Maybe we shouldn't book anymore morning doctor visits (we had the morning visit last time and they were very subdued... ).
Both babies are settling into a nice daily nap & play routine. Most days go like this:
7:00am wake up, new diapers then nurse (yep still nursing!)
8:00am is breakfast of vegetable induced oatmeal, millet, lentils, barley with yogurt
8:30am diaper check and change dirty diapers then play and read books
9:00am snack of apples and a waffle. They walk around with their snack cups and play for another half hour
9:30a or 9:45a they get new nap time diapers and little fleece shorts on to trap and diaper leaks during their nap.. they get pacifiers and their snuggly blankies and go to their nap.
10a-12p they typically nap
12:00p new diapers, nursing and then lunch time.
Lunch tends to be pasta w/cheese, vegetables, bread.
12:30pm diaper check and change dirty diapers then we go outside to play
2:00pm snack of cheese and animal crackers, maybe another apple
3:00pm they get new nap time diapers and their fleece shorts, pacifiers & snuggly blankies and they nap.
3:00pm-5:00pm they typically nap
5:30pm dinner which tends to be lentils or another legume, vegetables, some extra pasta and bread.
6:00pm play time
6:30pm bathtime with daddy. Lots of splashing and daddy reading Car & Driver or Reader's Digest to us!
7:00pm new night time diapers, nursing, some play.
7:30pm brush teeth and get into sleep sacks and into cribs w/pacifiers & snuggly blankies.
Typically they sleep 11 to 12 hours a night and don't wake up during the night. Of course if they get more than 4 hours of naps during the day sometimes they wake at night...
We've started to think about potty training... I got 4 little potty chairs from IKEA and a potty seat w/a guard for boys and also we got the integrated toilet seat so we just have to pull down for the child size seat. I need to get a taller stool for them to get to the toilet themselves and for them to rest their feet when they are on the toilet. And I need to get Davis some underwear - 'cause I don't think he'll like to wear the flower panties that are for Jessa! Hopefully we can get them potty trained in the next few months?
Oh my goodness, as for the babies' activity level, it is through the roof! They are climbing on everything and everywhere... which means we have continued to childproof the house and keep them safe. They love to play like crazy on the wooden playset outside, climbing and sliding down. They have energy, that's for sure!
Well, that's it for now, hopefully I'll have time to post more fun news and pictures later!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Girl, you are brave starting potty training at 18 months. I hope it works for you. Lukas will be two & half (30 months) & then I'll start.
is he 2 1/2 soon? yeah, if it doesn't work for us trying early, I guess we haven't lost anything... I'd read it might be worth a shot to start before the "terrible twos"... so we'll see.
Post a Comment