Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

15 month update.

Well, we had our checkup this week for the babies 15 month well baby visit.

They at least did gain weight from 12 months... but not much! Davis is up 12 ounces to 19 pounds 12 oz. and Jessa up 9 ounces to 18 pounds 9 ounces. The doctor is concerned about the low weight gain, but a friend recently showed me the http://www.kellymom.com/ website, and I feel much better! Kellymom is a breastfeeding resource and she has a chart put out by the WHO (World Health Organization) that shows our guys are not that far below a "standard" breast fed baby. Whew! On the formula fed baby chart they are down below the 5th percentile to the rest of babies... but on the other chart they are just down 1 standard deviation of 1.5, not down to the 2.5 or 3.5 from the average. I feel better about them being more in the "middle" of the chart instead of on the absolute bottom of it!

Jessa is 75% for height at 31.25" and Davis is 50% at 31.5" - these are the height percents that they've been at for a while, so that's great.

They are doing great! So cute that they are picking up sign language... both can sign their version of Dog. they pat their chests... its supposed to be patting your thigh/leg... they will go over to Xena and pat their chests... so sweet! Jessa loves to go sit right between her legs as she's laying down and even leans in to kiss her too! I finally looked up how to sign banana and have been teaching that too... its like your first finger on one hand is the banana and with the other hand you are peeling it. Jessa is so cute when she does it! I don't know that I've gotten that on the camera or movie yet, but need to capture it!

Davis is running all around at superspeed still... I don't think he has a slower speed... so cute! When nap time comes I get them to walk back to the bedroom and say "lets go to nap" and they go, and walk through the baby/pet gate and are so super sweet! Usually they get their diapers changed and settle down pretty easily in their cribs... and take their lovely 2 hour naps... they have gotten into a great routine lately! Napping from 9:30a or 10a for 2 hrs and again at 2:30p or 3p for 2 hours. Then down for bed around 7:30p for almost 12 hours! Can't beat that!

Davis's passport came today, so he's ready for travel... hopefully Jessa's come soon too. Not that we'll probably go anywhere... but just in case. We're not known for planning trips too far in advance... and had thought at one point we may need the passports for a trip at the beginning of September. Now we're thinking of sticking closer to home and getting things done more locally.

Well, I meant to be in bed by 10pm... and here it is almost midnight... I'll have to download and add pictures this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realize that you have a job and are raising TWINS but as a bloggy reader I'm feeling neglected! heeheehee :D

Pictures from your weekend????

shelleyjerry said...

how did a whole month go by?!! i'll update soon!