Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Carpal tunnel

Well, evidently pregnancy can bring on carpal tunnel symptoms... my left hand/wrist has been "falling" asleep this past week while I'm sleeping on either my left or right side, I finally called the doc late last week and the nurse said that it was probably carpal tunnel and that I should sleep with my hand elevated... well, I'm supposed to be sleeping on my left side to help with something... vena cava? how can you elevate your left arm if you are laying on your left side??

so I'm now sleeping on my right side with my left arm elevated on a pillow... and still that kinda hurt by morning... so I remembered at 5am on Sunday morning that the nurse also mentioned getting a brace... and I got out one of my rollerblading wrist guards to try out... it felt a little better, but decided that if Jerry saw something more comfortable at CVS for him to get me one. He found a nice comfy one with good support. And sure enough on Sunday night/Monday morning it felt SO much better. So now I'm sleeping with my arm elevated and in a brace... maybe I should try just the brace? so many decisions!

Hopefully I'll have more baby information later this week when I go to the doc.

3 comments:

Poppy said...

Oh let the joys of parenthood begin!

Jill

Karl Wielecki said...

Ok so the carpal tunnel thing is happening to me too now! Uncomfortable for sure, but not really painful...

shelleyjerry said...

So sorry about you getting the carpal tunnel thing! Its no fun, but bearable... All my finger tips are kind of numb and tingly! Oh brother!!!