Week 16 held another scan... Here's a 3d pic of our Boy, Baby A, he's still pretty small but its so neat to see them growing. Here he's got his fists up by his head.
Baby B, our Girl, looks like she is sucking her thumb.
And lastly a pic of our Boy's prize possession... he's still a boy!The sonographer saw that Baby B was still a girl too... but I didn't get a pic of that. (I know, you're glad to not have to see her too).
Actually our week 16 wasn't the best... they saw little cysts on both baby's brains - which they say can go away... but still. Then on the next Monday they called to say that the 2nd of my sequential screening for Downs and other issues, came back high and we needed to speak with a counselor... well that wasn't for 2 days. Oh my the stress. Then we had to wait over an hour to speak with her. She showed us the lab results and (thankfully) right off I saw that it mentioned 13 wk bloodwork and then 16 wk 6 day bloodwork too... that wasn't right because it was 12 wks 5 days and then 16 wks 0 days... I asked her about it... and sure enough there was a mis-reading of the date of the first lab... they must have read the 10/29 as 10/21? I can't remember... anyway, once it was recalculated, we were good to go!!! The bad results were like 1/60 chance for Down's and my real results were closer to 1/487 chance!! Way better than the averages for a more mature "mom" with twins - yeah!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment